Coronavirus Help Guide
After Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania confirmed to have had patients with the Novel Coronavirus, Uganda is at a high risk of being attacked by the same disease. All Ugandan's are advised to take a keen eye and take some of the following precautions to avoid the spread of the disease.
Will I die if I catch the disease?
- Almost 80% of people have mild symptoms and recover from the disease in 2 weeks.
- Most of the symptoms can be treated with timely medical care.
- Risk of death is only higher in older people (above an age of ~60 years) and people with pre-existing health conditions.
- Older people are twice as likely to have serious COVID-19 illness.
- Most coronavirus led illnesses are generally mild, especially for children and young adults.
- Coronavirus has "high infectivity but low mortality rate between 2-3%
What are those symptoms of coronavirus?
- Difficult in breathing
- shortness of breath
These are like common cold or flue and may appear 2-14 days of exposure.