Counselling and Guidance
Counselling and guidance equips participants with a thorough multi-disciplinary and holistic understanding of the principles, practice and skills of guidance and counseling and mental health practices for quality service to the community.
- By the end of the programme, the participants should be able;
- To develop personal and interpersonal qualities and skills that are fundamental in helping others
- To develop skills and competencies needed to function as effective helpers in a variety of settings.
- To enhance awareness of the growing needs for guidance and counseling in the community.
- To enable clients cope with problems that they may face from time to time.
- To enable clients make rational, realistic and independent decisions.
- Introduction to guidance and counselling
- The profile of a counselor
- Self awareness
- Ethical and legal issues on counselling
- Principles of therapeutic communication
- Basic skills and techniques in counselling
- Life skills
- Counselling for special groups; children and adolescents, elderly persons,
- Family and group counselling
- Career counselling
- Learning and motivation
- Coping with the stress of caring
This Course is online and takes 5 Weeks
This course attracts a fee of 300,000 Shillings and an application fee of 10,000 shilllings.
All healthcare and non-healthcare professionals with a keen interest in developing a career in counseling and guidance.