Higher Education Certificate (Foundation)
This programme is designed to target foreign students without A’ Level qualifications/ equivalent that would otherwise qualify for admissions into undergraduate programs in their countries but do not qualify for admission under the Uganda criteria. Ugandan students who have sat for the Uganda Advanced Certificate Examinations in sciences but only obtained one principle pass in a relevant subject.
The programme will also target UACE holders with the subject combination in sciences who got only subsidiary passes at A-level and would like to be admitted to diploma programs in health sciences.
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to;
- Use basic mathematics and descriptive statistics to solve practical and theoretical problems in a variety of contexts.
- Operating system fundamentals (introduction to common operating systems like Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc)
- Apply Biological knowledge in their day to day life and have the ability to use Biological concepts to solve problems.
- Recognize problems that can be dealt with using methods, concepts, principles, models and theories of Chemistry.
- Examine the art and science of written and verbal communication.
Full Course Curriculum
The detailed curriculum of courses required to achieve the accredited Higher Education Certificate (Foundation) qualification are set out in the table below:
Year 1 Semester 1
Year 1 Semester 2
Foundational Biology II
Foundational Chemistry II
Choose our Higher Education Certificate (Foundation)
Experiential Skills & Character
Our approach is experiential learning with a focus on developing soft skills and character.
We work with a blend of classroom and online learning.
Functional fees; 495,000/- | 148 USD
Internationals Equate to UCE via UNEB