Purpose Of The Job:
To provide Administrator Support and Secretarial/Receptionist work.
- Assume duty of Administrator/Secretary/Receptionist at all levels of administration. This involves preparing and/or typing memos, letters, notices and any other documents pertaining to special events as may be directed;
- Maintain effective and regular Communication with all staff and members of the University;
- Deal with all forms of correspondence and respond as appropriate;
- Provide additional support to members of the University as may be requested by the relevant authority;
- Prepare agendas, papers and minutes of Faculty Boards in consultation with the immediate Supervisor and ensure these are published in time;
- Attend to student enquiries and assist in student communication;
- Order and maintain faculty office supplies and coordinating office work;
- Prepare and distribute Faculty timetables in close collaboration with the Immediate Supervisor;
- Summarize class attendance lists and inform the Faculty Deans, Immediate Supervisor and, or Registrar about absences;
- Ensure that student lists are updated each Semester, prepare up-to-date coursework mark sheets, class attendance lists, ready for distribution to individual staff of the institute/School/Faculty when needed;
- Assist the Assistant Registrar during exam periods to prepare exams, attendance lists and final exam mark sheets, room set up and supervise/invigilate exams when necessary;
- Prepare and distribute course assessment forms at the end of each Semester for students feedback. These forms are returned to the respective Faculty after being summarized;
- Prepare and distribute continuing confidential assessment forms to all years in mid-May;
- Collect coursework mark sheets by Friday of Reading Week and final assessment marks two weeks after the final assessment and hand them over to the Senior Assistant Registrar in Charge of Academic Records.
- Assist the Senior Assistant Registrar in Charge of Academic Records in compiling and maintaining various student databases like exams and supervisors' lists;
- Be responsible for course outlines to be produced by staff as well as reading lists. Make sure these are published before the beginning of each Academic year so that each student obtains a package at the beginning of each Academic year
- Deal with Students' Research projects up to completion;
- Make sure that all Part-time staff sign in to verify presence, teaching workload and attendance;
Any other duties as may be assigned by the Immediate Supervisor and Registrar.
A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and, or Management or a related field from a recognized University.
A diploma is Secretarial Studies would be an added advantage.
At least 2-3 years experience in an office or administrative work.
S/he should be a team player, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good communication, Customer service and Relationship-building skills
- Team-working skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy
- The ability to be proactive and use your initiative: to see what needs doing and to do it (i.e., Troubleshooter and Problem Solver);
- In-depth experience and knowledge of a variety of software application, e.g., Spreadsheets, Ms. Word, e.t.c
- Should have a track record of high integrity and confidentiality.
Submit:e Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and two (02) referees; signed Cover letter clearly stating your key competencies, qualification and experience; Certified copies of Academic papers, to: The Human Resources, Clarke International University (CIU) [formerly, International Health Sciences University (IHSU)].
***Only selected Candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, 21st August 2018 at 17:00hrs